This 2-way style is perfect for long-haired clients who want an escape from the summer heat. Wear it down as a ponytail or up as a chignon.
This 2-way STITCH style is about making long hair shorter and not so overpowering by STITCHing it back into the ponytail. Watch our YouTube video below:
1. From ear to ear, make a 1-inch section around the hairline.
2. Gather the rest of the hair into a ponytail and use STITCH to secure. TIP: Add hairspray to a wrapped ponytail and blow-dry to make more secure.
3. Part front section into five and, starting at the bottom, STITCH back toward the occipital bone. Repeat on the other side. TIP: To ensure continuity, STITCH the top tails down into the nape.
4. Preset with curls or curl the section in the ponytail now. Pinch to aerate and add romantic volume to the ponytail.
5. Pinch to aerate the hair above the ponytail as well. TIP: Push curls all the way into the head to meld into the hairstyle, so you can’t tell that the tails came from the STITCH.
6. Finish with hairspray and your first look is done!
Wear this Style Two Ways
1. To modify this style, STITCH the bottom of the ponytail by looping it back into the nape. You can also STITCH some pieces across. Adjust and soften to create a romantic look.
2. Once you re-STITCH, lace the ends to lock into place. If you open it up and make it airy, it will stay.