Daniel provided hairstyles for the Julianna Bass runway on Saturday at New York Fashion Week.
If you love to mix up classic looks, try this hairstyle created for the Julianna Bass show at New York Fashion Week with this step-by-step tutorial.
New York Fashion Week is something to see—the feeling that your style is influencing next season’s trends in fashion, hair and makeup is electrifying.
I was honored to style looks for Julianna Bass
. For this show, I twisted the hairstyle of a classic modern day woman into something both shabby and
chic to create the perfect look down the catwalk.
We went more chic than shabby for this look, keeping the naturally blown-out texture but randomly flat-ironing random pieces and ends. The hot tool gave extra shine to the hair while the other blow-dried texture kept it a little shabby. This style requires a layering of StyleLink products to achieve the right texture.
1) Apply StyleLink Volume Builder
on 70 to 80 percent dried hair, starting at the scalp and working down to mid-lengths.
2) Spray StyleLink Turbo Dryer
on mid-lengths and ends.
3) Apply StyleLink Smooth Setter
to the ends and mid-lengths of the hair.
4) Start at the nape of the neck and work up, blow-drying with a cushion brush to lift at the scalp and smooth the mid-lengths and ends.
5) Once hair is completely dry, create an offset part and randomly flat iron pieces around the face. (Flat iron the ends of hair if needed.)
6) Pull hair back in a low ponytail and tie with black elastic.
What you get is a soft hairstyle that’s casual enough for everyday, but chic enough to pair with classy clothing—a perfect complement to Bass’ aesthetic. This is the perfect hairstyle for a woman who loves to put an unexpected twist on the classic hairstyle.