Use the dry cut scissors to achieve a modern rocker shag with this haircut tutorial by Daniel Roldan.
How to Section for Modern Rocker Haircut:
1. Part from the center back and from the radial, ear to ear. From the center parting, 1 inch from the hairline, create a diagonal parting to the parietal ridge bone. Repeat on the other side.
2. From the parietal bone in the left back, take a diagonal section back to the high point of the occipital bone. Repeat on the other side.
How to Cut the Modern Rocker by Daniel Roldan:
1. On damp hair, use a dry cut scissors
to cut the perimeter to desired length.
2. Starting in the front hairline, pull straight out and cut at a 45 degree angle, creating your stationary guide.
3. Continue taking diagonal sections to your stationary guide. Repeat on the opposite side. The length should fall at the bridge of the nose. Cut just to the back of the ear.
4. Cut a stationary guide in the back triangle at a 45 degree angle about 9 inches in length.
5. Continue taking diagonal sections to your stationary guide, creating a disconnection from the nape.
6. Using your stationary guide from the back, take a diagonal section from your front triangle, comb to center and cut at 45 degree angle.
7. To marry the two lines together, gather the hair to a point in a triangle section and surface plane. Point cut the perimeter to soften.
Get rocking. To recreate this look, log on and purchase CUT Professional Series Scissors by Daniel Roldan. To get more tutorials on CUT and STITCH, read our blog or visit Daniel’s Facebook page.