Think you can’t have a mohawk with long hair? Think again. With STITCH and a well-placed braid, rock this striking style like the shorthaired do.
This is a cool, romantic version of the mohawk
. Create some curls in the hair before you start for an interesting play on volume and softness.
1. Create an off-center part on each side of the head, creating a middle section 2-3 inches in width running all the way down to the nape. Secure the sides with clamps.
2. Braid the middle section all the way down the head.
3. On the front of the head, slide the STITCH underneath the braid and—taking a small triangle section of hair from the temple—feed hair through the eye loop and pull underneath the braid.
4. Wrap hair around and STITCH through again. Repeat down the head 3 to 4 times
5. Loosen up the loops to make the hair bigger. Lace and tease the hair with your fingers to create texture.
6. Secure with hairspray.
Start STITCHing and log in or register to purchase a STITCH
. Follow Daniel Roldan on Instagram